Sunday, June 19, 2011

Chair Design | Low Chair | Innova


Chairs are something I wanted to start design first soon as I come to china. Year before in Milan in studio Urquiola I was enjoying working on the Moroso and Kartell chairs. My desire for designing chairs in China was even bigger because of the easy nest to make them. As an inspiration I took influences. I realized that influences are shaping my design and every place that I have lived in left a mark. As a European girl who likes Asian design very much, mine vision of Asian furniture was quite wrong. Whenever I thought of sitting habit in Asia in my mind was low sitting. I started my concept from there to make family of low sitting chairs. Later I founded that Chinese chairs are actually very high. Even wrong, but those influences I would like to keep while searching for another inspiration. Mixing them always creates something surprising.

Chair family contains 3 version of low sitting chairs. One with high back rest, second with low back rest and third is table-stool which can be used in both ways as stool with pillow or as coffee table......more
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...